Safety Net Clinic Week 2012
In an effort to raise awareness of Colorado's health care safety net providers, we encourage your clinic to participate in the third annual Safety Net Clinic Week, August 20-24, 2012 . Sponsored by ClinicNET and the Colorado Rural Health Center, the week is devoted to educating the public and policy makers about these vitally important health care clinics - Community-Funded Safety Net Clinics (CSNCs) and federally certified Rural Health Clinics (RHCs.) We have created a “toolkit” to help clinics participate in Safety Net Clinic Week 2012. Included in the “tool kit” are many easily customizable pieces, click on each to open:
• Letter to the Editor (for submission to your local paper)
• Governmental proclamation (request a proclamation from your city and/or county)
• Safety Net Clinic Week Invitation (consider inviting city, county, state officials, candidates for elected office and local business and community leaders to visit your clinic during Safety Net Clinic Week. *see helpful links below)
• Safety Net Clinic Week Fact Sheet (include with any invitation extended and use, in addition to specific information about your clinic, as speaking points during Safety Net Clinic Week)
• Safety Net Clinic Week Press Release (submit to your local media.)
• Open House Invitation (Host an open house at your clinic and invite officials, candidates, and community).
• Lobby Flyer (Hang this sign in your lobby to show your support and participation in Safety Net Clinic Week)
• Name Tags (wear these name tags or use them as stickers throughout Safety Net Clinic Week to help raise awareness).
ClinicNET and the Colorado Rural Health Center has received a proclamation for Safety Net Clinic Week 2012 from the Governor and be doing a general statewide press release. We will also be extending invitations for clinic site-visits to the Governor, our congressional delegation, targeted state legislators and other public officials. Our Safety Net Clinic Week Project Coordinator, Charlotte Kaye, is available to help you; she is coordinating all Safety Net Clinic Week 2012 activities. Please let her know if you utilize any parts of the toolkit above or if you need support in doing so.
Project Coordinator, Safety Net Clinic Week 2012:
Charlotte Kaye, 720-863-7805, firstname.lastname@example.org
*Links to Identify your Elected Officials: